Categories
Fundraising Ideas for Schools

Gov. Reynolds signs Iowas AEA reform bill into law [Video]

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) – On Wednesday, Governor Reynolds signed the Area Education Agency reform bill that passed in the Senate on Tuesday.

The amendment increases salaries for beginning teachers. This year, it would raise the new teacher’s minimum salary to $47,500 and for veteran teachers with 12 years of experience increase to $60,000. Next year, starting teacher pay would increase to $50,000 and 12-year veterans would make a minimum of $62,000.

The amendment includes $14 million in funding for education support personnel such as paraprofessionals.

The amendment brings changes to multiple aspects of Area Education Agency, or AEA, funding.

For special education, there is no change from the current model for the upcoming school year. School districts would be required to use AEAs for all special ed funds. Next year, special ed funds would be sent to districts, who must send 90% of that funding to AEAs. The remaining 10% can be kept within the …

Watch/Read More
Categories
Fundraising Ideas for Schools

Shoe Drive Fundraiser FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions [Video]

Tom is helping us answer some of your most frequently asked questions today!👟 Are there any upfront costs to signing up to do a shoe drive fundraiser?👟 What happens to the shoes once they get picked up at the end of my fundraiser?Drop any other questions you have in the comments!Check out our BLOG every week for Fundraising Tips perfect for nonprofits, schools and organizations doing all types of fundraisers! http://ow.ly/D8m030m1na7CONNECT with us on social media:Facebook.com/Funds2OrgsInstagram @funds2orgsTwitter @funds2orgsThere are hundreds of fundraisers to help your organization. Many require you to sell candy, cookie dough, or other items to raise money. With this creative fundraising idea, you don't have to sell anything! Learn more at http://ow.ly/FWFp30jq8zvWant to see one of our success stories? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...QUESTIONS? Contact us today at 407-930-2979 or ASAP@funds2orgs.com